cc licensed ( BY NC SD ) flickr photo shared by Reeding Lessons
Here’s another tool that I have decided to make my own. After the post by Stacey on Using EasyBib I’ve given their EasyBib App a go. When it comes to collecting and storing information about resources I think this App has got to be considered cool!
With this App you can create accurate MLA, APA, and Chicago style citations in seconds by scanning a book bar code or by typing the name of a book. Once done, you can email your citations. You could also export your citations to EasyBib.com’s popular bibliography management service.
It’s also interesting to read that OCLC and ImagineEasy Solutions, LLC are collaboratingto create a customizable library version of the EasyBib.com service. The EasyBib Library Edition service has been rolled out with select OCLC member libraries. This is one to watch for schools too. The Library Edition will offer a variety of features designed to extend library reach and usage, such as:
- Library-branded interface
- Links to library home page and catalog
- Search box for easy discovery of additional resources at your library and beyond
- Integration with virtual reference services
- IP redirects to your library’s customized version
- Deep links into a library’s OPAC
- Integration with the OpenURL Gateway.
But in the meantime, I think my EasyBib app is a great way for me to keep a record of resources or create a reading list!
Have you tried the EasyBib App on your mobile device?
- EasyBib Comes to the iPhone and iPad (freetech4teachers.com)