Scan is a quarterly journal produced by the NSW Department of Education and Training which focuses on the interaction between information and effective student learning.
Scan contains articles on:
- teachers and teacher-librarians collaborating
- information literacy and supporting reading
- integrating ICT (information communication technology) in teaching and learning
- practical programming and teaching ideas
- practical ideas for library management.
Thanks to the up-to-the minute relevance of this journal, and a fun morning of talking enthusiastically about Web 2.0 – I ended up being asked to write an article about Web 2.0 for them. Lucky!
I did that, and wrote it for our teacher learners who are still going to wake up one fine Web 2.0 morning and discover there is a new world out there.
For those who don’t have access to the article, Engaging the Google generation through Web 2.0 you can get a copy here or from the Resource section of this blog. Usual copyright and correct attribution rules around use of this article apply, being printed in SCAN Vol 25 Number 3 August 2006.